THIS WEEK'S ORDERS ARE: CLOSED. OPENING MONDAY LUNCHTIME.
Super Simple Purple Pasta!
Need a bit more colour in your life? Purple Carrots have the most vivid colour and will add a dash of bright purple to any dish!
This one is a hit with my kids (and me)...
Good quality pasta (we like Organic Buckwheat Spirals from Source Bulk Foods)
1 head Broccoli (including the stalk)
2-3 Purple Carrots
1 Brown Onion
1-2 cloves Garlic
1 cup good quality bone broth of your choice
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
Rocket & Fresh Thyme to top
We use a Thermomix to make this but if you don't have one you could just cook on the stove then blend in a food processor.
- Cook pasta
- Place peeled onion and garlic in Thermomix, chop for 5 seconds and scrape down the sides
- Add some Coconut Oil and cook on Veroma setting for 2 minutes
- Add roughly chopped broccoli and purple carrots, chop for 30 seconds
- Scrape down sides, add bone broth and cook for approximately 10 minutes at 95 degrees
- Blend on speed 7-8 for about a minute then serve over pasta
- Top with fresh rocket leaves, thyme and some salt and pepper.
PS. Do you like how I shared that recipe without any annoying ramble that you had to scroll through? ;-)
Also in News & Recipes
Please don't buy factory farmed ham this Christmas! Spend a little more money and support local farmers who are doing things better.
Did you know honey is the third most adulterated food in the world? Here's how to make sure you're getting the real thing.
Check out these delicious organic products from Jimalie.