Kale and Blueberry Salad (vegan)
Recipe from Live, Love, Nourish
Add this delicious and simple salad to your weeknight menu for some maximum nutrient density and flavour!
Ingredients like kale, spring onion, cucumber, berries and cherry tomatoes are heavily sprayed, so choosing organic or spray free is ideal.
- 2 cups (packed) kale, ﬁnely shredded (stalks removed)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1-2 spring onions, ﬁnely sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries, halved
- Sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl massage kale with a generous amount of olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt really well for several minutes and allow to stand for a further 5 minutes (this helps to tenderise the kale).
- Add quinoa, avocado, parsley, spring onion and combine well. Top with tomatoes and blueberries.
Kale is typically very tough and chewy but when you massage extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice into the leaves it tenderises them and makes them a delicious ingredient to salads, stir fries and your favourite sides.
Typically ingredients such as kale, spring onion, cucumber, berries and cherry tomatoes are heavily sprayed, choosing organic or spray free is ideal.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.